The secretary is the chief administration officer of the Old Nick Company. This person provides the co-ordinating link between members, the Committee and outside agencies.
After a long career in Old Nick shows, Beck has finally taken the plunge and landed herself on the Old Nick committee. Always enthusiastic and in her work life a talented team leader, Beck has always been a great negotiator – always able to confront issues and talk things through without causing trouble. Her fun spirit and professional attitude will be an incredible boon to the Old Nick company.
The primary duties of the Secretary are:
- Prepare the agenda for Committee meetings;
- Make arrangements for Committee meetings including venue, date, and times;
- Send adequate notice of the Committee meetings;
- Record and distribute the minutes of all Committee meetings in a timely manner;
- Record and distribute the minutes of the AGM in a timely manner;
- Check the mail box twice weekly and manage incoming/outgoing correspondence, including:
- reading, replying and filing correspondence promptly;
- ensuring all accounts correspondence is passed on to the Treasurer;
- reporting all correspondence to Committee via the monthly agenda; and
- keeping records of all correspondence;
- In conjunction with the President, present a report at the Annual General Meeting;
- To maintain files/records of all legal documents including the Constitution;
- To maintain a database of all Old Nick Members, past and present;
- Act as an understudy for the President, where the President is unable to fulfil duties or commitments;
- Act as the signatory to the organisation’s bank accounts, cheque accounts, (along with the President and the Treasurer); and
- Act as the Company’s public officer to liaise with members of the public, affiliated bodies and Government agencies, when and where required.