The role of the Productions Manager within the Old Nick Company is a critical one. This person is the conduit between a production team and the Committee. The Productions Manager should be a friendly and experienced Production Manager/Producer that can advise and help through a show process from application to bump out.
The primary duties of the Productions Manager are:
- Act as the conduit between all production teams and the Committee;
- Oversee the submissions to the Company for productions;
- With the assistance of the Committee or Sub-Committee, make recommendations to the Committee about which submissions to proceed with for that year;
- Act as Production Manager for all shows commissioned until a suitable Production Manager has been appointed (duties may include applying for royalties, booking theatres and rehearsal spaces);
- Assist and advise the Director of each production around the appointment of a suitable production team;
- Oversee casting on all productions to ensure fairness; and
- Attend first rehearsals of all productions to welcome all cast and explain their membership.