Justin “Pyrate” Smith
The sub role of the Webpage and Publications Officer is to manage all social and other media on behalf of the Old Nick Company, in direct liaison with Committee and any other representatives, when and where required.
Justin has been in charge of social media and webpage updates, writing copy, sharing news and information, and targeting online advertisements to keep our productions and other goings-on present in the public mind. He has steadily grown our Facebook presence, taking our inconsistent show-by-show strategy and amalgamating us into two distinct but visible entities, the Uni Revue and Old Nick pages. Justin is now working on moving our video archives to digital and will continue pushing out video content online via our Youtube page. He doesn’t understand Twitter, but that’ll be the next area to target.
The primary duties of the Webpage and Publications Officer are:
- Manage the Old Nick website;
- Add required materials, audition notices and advertisements on the Old Nick website from time to time and as required;
- Manage the Old Nick facebook group page;
- Add required materials, audition notices and advertisements to the Old Nick facebook page from time to time and as required; and
- Provide generalist IT support and take on responsibility for the domain registration for Old Nick.