Hello Old Nickers,
We’ve got so much going on right now we want to share with you, you may want to grab a cuppa to read through this one.
To begin we would like to say a big thank you to Sam Mitchell, Jennifer McNickle and Mylo Bingham for stepping into committee roles during the season of Uni Revue. It is wonderful to have committed members who are ready and willing to keep all things Old Nick ticking over whilst some of us are involved with Uni Revue.
Congratulations to Sam Mitchell who has taken on the committee role of ‘Productions Manager’ ongoing. Well done Sam and thank you to Nick Paine for your contributions in this role and your ongoing involvement and contribution to the company and our performances.
We’ve updated and attached our calendar with all the dates for your diary for the rest of the year. Here are a few events and happenings in detail:
- Firstly a reminder that the discussion of potential performance venue changes for the Uni Revue is this Sunday 16th July 5:30pm at ONC headquarters.
- We are extremely proud to reflect on a very successful Uni Revue season for 2017. Congratulations to the team for a fantastic effort and thank you to all of those who came along to support them in “Making Tasmania Great again”
- Onefest is fast approaching and we’re delighted to support our entries in what we’re sure will be another fantastic weekend of performances. Everything you need to know can be found at www.onefest.com.au
18th and 19th August at the Playhouse Theatre – See you there!
- Would you like to do a show with Old Nick? Submissions for our 2018 season close on Sunday 30th July! Everything you need to know about what we’re looking for and how to submit can be found via this link: http://www.oldnick.org.au/2017/06/17/old-nick-is-looking-for-shows-and-directors We’re always welcoming new members and ideas so please encourage anyone you know from outside our membership who would like to get involved to get in touch.
- Rehearsals are underway with our stellar cast for our next show “One Man Two Guvnors”. We’re really excited to see this fantastic group of talented individuals perform in late September. Tickets are on sale now via this link: http://www.centertainment.com.au/events/oneman
- We’ve been working hard all year to update our Articles of Association and we think we’re getting pretty close. Look out for an email in your inbox with the final draft for your perusal in the near future. If you don’t receive the email, please contact email@example.com as your details may be out of date.
- Finally, anyone within the company, especially life members, are invited to put their hand up for a forward planning session to discuss the company’s 75th anniversary. The anniversary may be five years away but due to its significance the planning is starting shortly with an open brainstorming and catch up session. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in being involved.
We’re all looking forward to a busy and exciting remainder of 2017 for the company!