The Old Nick Company has a strong history of presenting traditional, edgy and ground breaking productions to Tasmanian audiences.
As a company we are committed to The Hobart Theatre Summer School (February-March), The Uni Revue (May), and OneFest (August). As a company we are looking to add to this already strong program of theatre. In approximately August of each year we aim for submissions to be sort
What OLD NICK is looking for?
- Fresh, innovative theatre that can entertain, emotionally challenge or make us question our morals and beliefs
- Productions that are likely to be profitable
- Something we, as a company, can be proud of
How to submit
A letter of submission to the committee outlining:
- The reason for wanting to stage this production
- The target audience, and why it appeals to Old Nick
- A possible production team, Ideally creative team
- Background information and research into whether the rights/performance spaces are available (Help with this is available)
- Draft budget
- Any relevant ideas for staging, marketing, etc
- Suggested dates (Old Nick may determine this dependant on our calendar year)
- Addition Information you may have
Submissions for 2017/18 season are due by Sunday 26th of June 2016, to be notified of success by September. Directors will then be invited to a season launch in November.
Imogen Paine (Productions Co-ordinator)